Thursday 30 May 2013

Breakfast cobbler in a bowl!

Summer is here!!!  Enjoy this delicious breakfast bowl on a patio, balcony or on your cottage dock.  This recipe will feed one person, double the ingredients to share with the family! (It really is too good not to be shared)

2 1/2 tbsp brown sugar (I would have preferred raw honey, but I used the last of my honey yesterday.  I encourage you to try this with another sweetener.)
2 tbsp flax meal
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup fruit of choice (I used peach slices and strawberries)
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp shredded coconut
1 tbsp chopped walnuts
1 drop vanilla
1 pinch cinnamon
1 tbsp oat flour

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.  Put fruit in the bottom of a pre-greased oven-safe bowl (I used coconut oil to grease the bowl).  Toss  the fruit with the oat flour.  Combine all the other ingredients in a mixing bowl (except 1 quarter of the coconut milk) and mix. Evenly layer the oat mixture on top of the fruit and then pour in the remainder of the coconut milk.  Bake for 35 minutes and broil for an additional 2 minutes to crisp the top a bit.

Bon appétit!
Talia


No comments:

Post a Comment